Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

I fall into the age group of a Millennial.  These are children born between 1977 and 2000.  This is a pretty wide gap, so for some the information may not apply, but I was born nearly in the middle at the year of 1989, and the information is pretty surprising on how well it describes me.  According to the book Ch.3 Pg. 17 “One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life.”  This statement is so dead on it’s almost comical.  My parents got a computer right about the time when I was able to understand what it was and how to properly use it.  I was absolutely enthralled by it and the capability of this advanced machine.  I’ve always been a fan of technological things, but this was something that caught my attention on a whole other level, and soon I became the master of the house on how to navigate and use this beast.  It’s sort of ingrained in my blood how to use technology, and figure things out and troubleshoot, because I’ve sort of been doing it my entire life.  It’s pretty crazy to think of how fast technology has grown since that point, from the dial-up internet, hearing the oh so familiar screeching of the logging in, to the high-speed, always on and always expect it to run flawlessly sort of mentality that we live in today.  I’m not too sure if it’s just Americans, but we really are impatient, in the fact that everything needs to be faster, everything.  I’m very much a part of this style of living, but sometimes people need to get away from the technology, and enjoy the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment