Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

My name is Andrew Tabor.  I attend the Art Institute of Las Vegas for Audio Production.  Here at the Art Institute, they teach you about all aspects of audio, from live sound to post production to sound design, the Art Institute tries to cover everything under the sun.  In my first couple quarters I was extremely intimidated on this, I didn’t really know what to expect.  As a Junior, I know feel extremely confident in any aspect of audio.  I’ve worked on projects from sound design of an animation, to recording and mixing an entire band in our studio.  Recording the band was by far my favorite project I’ve had so far.  We were taught to use the SSL (Solid State Logic) Duality, which is a digital AND analog console.  If you know anything about audio, this board is a beast to say the least.  I even surprised myself on how well the final mix was.  At the moment I couldn’t really say where exactly I’d like to take my career, but live sound intrigues me in the fact that its always changing, and you always have to be on your toes because one screw up could ruin a show.  But eventually, and were talking way down the road, I would either like to open my own recording studio, or build a venue that acoustically sounds great no matter where you stand, and you always have a good view of the performance.  I am extremely excited to be in this field, and soon looking to get a job in the industry, and make a name for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment